Whether you’re a journalist or a blogger, a local looking to explore your home turf, or a visitor who wants to learn more, these resources will make you a Kent expert.
We’re constantly communicating with the media to share all the exciting things happening in Kent. See our latest news distributed by Visit Kent.
In the news
There’s a lot happening in Kent, and we’re not the only ones talking. See what others have to say about innovation, sports, bites and brews, and more.
Connect With Us
To learn more about Kent, get high-resolution photos, arrange an interview, set up tours, get tips for your next story or schedule a media visit, please send us an email.
Facts & accolades
Learn more about what makes Kent unique. And check out some of the accolades we’ve received. View our media fact sheet.
- City size: 34 square miles
- Population: 127,100
- Sixth largest city in Washington state
- Nearly 140 world languages are spoken in Kent—a reflection of our diverse shops and restaurants
- Kent has more than 70 park facilities, ranging from 4,300 square feet to more than 160 acres
- Kent is home to several distinguished businesses: Amazon, Blue Origin, Boeing Space and Defense, Flow International, Hexcel, Oberto Sausage Company and one of only five Starbucks roasting plants in the world
- Conveniently located 18 miles from Seattle and Tacoma, and less than 13 miles from Seattle-Tacoma International Airport
- Kent was originally named Titusville before it was incorporated in 1890. It was the second city incorporated in King County
- During the 1880s, Kent received most of its income from the production of hops
- Kent was known as the Lettuce Capital of the World during the 1920s and ‘30s
- The Boeing Kent Space Center is where lunar rovers for the Apollo mission were built
- The Kent Valley Loop Trails system contains more than 30 miles of biking trails
- In 2017 and 2018, Kent was ranked in the top 10 of the most culturally diverse cities in the U.S., and in the top three among mid-sized cities
- In 2011, Kent was named one of the 100 Best Communities for Young People by America’s Promise Alliance, the nation’s largest partnership organization dedicated to youth and children
Visit Kent brand
Kent is undiscovered and unexpected. This vibrant and diverse community offers a bounty of places to explore, inviting spots to dine and drink, and easy connections to Pacific Northwest points of interest and adventure.
Kent is a unique experience…with a brand all its own. A brand that represents our people, parks, businesses, history and more.
We know you’ll want to share your Kent experience. When you do, we ask you download and use our brand guide for reference to ensure cohesive use of the Kent brand.
To request logos or graphics, send us an email.