Summer is a great time for outdoor fun in Kent! Here are a few ideas:
- Become part of a life-size board game at West Fenwick Park. “Slides and Climbers” is a colorful replica of the vintage game with lots of slides and crawl spaces. The play area is ADA accessible.
- Choose your favorite water activity at Lake Meridian Park. Swimming, fishing, motorized boating and trails are available at this popular park.
- Bike or run the scenic Kent Valley Loop Trails. Enjoy Mount Rainier views on the flat, paved pathways of 1.6 to 13 miles. (Choose the Eagle Loop to cover it all.) Check the map and plan which entry point you’d like to try next!
- Join the largest family festival in South King County: Kent Cornucopia Days, July 8-10. It’s a full weekend with a parade, street fair, live entertainment and dragon boat races.
- Live out your motorhead dreams from vintage to vroom! The Pacific Cascade Mustang Club's 35th Annual All Ford Show & Mustang Roundup is August 21 at accesso ShoWare Center. Free spectator admission, plus music, food vendors, vintage fire trucks, raffle prizes and a hydroplane display.
- Shop for fresh produce, handcrafted jewelry, local art and more from 100 vendors at the Kent Farmers Market. This is the oldest farmers market in King County and is open every Saturday through September 10 at Town Square Plaza.
- Spice up your summer at the Cajun Food & Music Festival August 20 at Burlington Green Park in downtown Kent. Experience the Southern cajun culture with live music, food trucks, a beer garden and 40 booths featuring regional artists and makers. Free admission; registration is requested.
- Relax on the patio at Airways Brewing & Bistro in downtown Kent. The kid-friendly menu includes macaroni and cheese (try the grownup version, too.)
- Enjoy the fresh flavors of all your Mexican favorites—and some new ones—at Aguacateros Taqueria & Restaurant. Covered outdoor seating, generous portions, friendly service.
- Pick up fresh berries, veggies and flowers for your own kitchen at Lee Family Farm. The 40-acre, family owned farm offers online orders and u-pick strawberries (check the Facebook page for availability).