April showers bring…well, more showers. In the damp Pacific Northwest, rainy days are just part of the deal. Why not make the most of it? Kent offers some great rainy-day options.
- Let it pour. Grab a window seat at Wild Wheat Bakery Café and Restaurant and watch the water fall. Enjoy delicious house-roasted coffee, and take in the aroma of fresh-baked goods.
- This weather is for the birds. Soggy days often make for the best birding, so puddle-jump your way to Green River Natural Resources Area.
- What a great excuse to go shopping. Outfit yourself in head-to-toe Gortex® from Road Runner Sports at Kent Station, and make the wet world your playground. Browse the urban-village shops and warm up by the outdoor fireplace with something toasty from Dilettante Mocha Café.
- Take a wetland walk. Grab your umbrella and head for Soos Creek, one of the region’s most active wetland habitats. A paved, six-mile trail meanders through woods, cattail marshes, forested swamps, wet meadows and willow thickets.
- Rain and Riesling make an excellent paring. Nothing screams day drinking more than a rainy day. Keep an eye on the weather while you snuggle up with a glass or three of Northwest wine—and some delicious seasonal bites—at Reds Wine Bar at Kent Station.
Not a fan of the wet stuff?
Kent has you covered.