Nine activities to make it a December to remember in Kent, Washington
From light displays to musical performances, family-friendly events in Kent are the perfect way to embrace the holiday spirit. Sprinkle in a peppermint mocha at local favorite Wild Wheat Bakery Café or sip some holiday cheer at Ducleaux Cellars to make a weekend out of it.
- Kent Commons Holiday Bazaar
- Date: Friday, Dec. 1, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. and Saturday, 2, 2-6 p.m.
- Cost: FREE
- Activity: Bring your list and check it twice before heading to this holiday inspired, maker event. Featuring over 100 artisans with unique, handcrafted gifts. Weary shoppers can recharge and refuel with food, beverages and musical entertainment.
- Christmas at Carpinito Brothers
- Date: Friday, Dec. 1-Sunday, Dec. 24, 8 a.m.-9 p.m.
- Cost: FREE, tree prices vary
- Activity: Peruse one of the state’s largest selections of fresh cut trees while sipping on a complimentary cup of hot cider. Once you find the perfect tree, the staff will safely load and tie down your tree to give you peace of mind on your way home. Don’t miss the opportunity to see two of Santa’s reindeer and Moses the nativity camel!
- Holiday Light Displays: The Very Merry Christmas House / Christmas in Kent
- Date: Friday, Dec. 1-Sunday, Dec. 31, times vary
- Cost: FREE, charitable donations accepted
- Activity: Leave the lavish light displays for the seasoned pros and visit either of these stunning holiday displays. Enjoy synchronized lights and music and can’t miss Instagram opportunities—all from the comfort of your car.
- Kent Winterfest Holiday Celebration
- Date: Saturday, Dec. 2, 2-6 p.m.
- Cost: FREE
- Activity: Kids will enjoy art projects at the Rusty Raven and a holiday reading at the Kent library. Warm up with a cup of cider or cocoa while enjoying holiday performances by local choirs and bands. Don’t miss the tree and park lighting at 5 p.m., complete with a synchronized show and a visit from Santa.
- Christmas Rush Fun Run and Walk
- Date: Saturday, Dec. 9, start times vary
- Cost: $20/$35
- Activity: Run, jog or walk your way into the holiday season with this Christmas inspired 5K/10K. This year marks the 35th anniversary of this community fun run—helping participants justify that extra serving of pie. Reindeer noses and Santa hats encouraged, not required.
- Hometown Holiday Concert
- Date: Wednesday, Dec. 13, 8 p.m.
- Cost: $38 and up
- Activity: Join 100.7 The Wolf for their annual Hometown Holiday Concert! Don’t miss this special acoustic concert with music from some of country music’s biggest stars at accesso ShoWare Center.
- Roots & Recipes Zine by Project Feast!
- Date: Friday, Dec. 15, 6-8:30 p.m.
- Cost: Suggested donation of $5-$10
- Activity: Embrace the giving spirit by supporting Project Feast, a non-profit seeking to transform lives in South King County. Their latest project, Roots & Recipes, is a magazine celebration of women, food and heritage. Pick up a copy for the foodie in your life while you mingle, and enjoy appetizers and wine.
- Third Art Thursday Holiday Party
- Date: Thursday, Dec. 21, 4-7 p.m.
- Cost: FREE
- Activity: An annual holiday party made for art and culture aficionados. Community comes alive with an evening of music, thoughtfully-prepared refreshments and an atmosphere of festive fun.
- Santa Pictures at Kent Station
- Date: Times and dates vary, see calendar for details
- Cost: Photo packages start at $15
- Activity: Kids (and pets) of all ages will delight in the wonder of Santa, Mrs. Claus and their elves. Early birds can enjoy holiday specials before Dec. 8.
Check out more things to do this winter at VisitKent.com/events.
About Visit Kent: The official tourism program for the City of Kent, Washington.