Winter is a great time to get away, overnight or over the weekend. What are your travel goals? Are you looking for a spot to pause and relax? Or is your focus on food? No matter what you’re seeking, we have solutions to help you keep your resolutions. Meet your travel goals with a getaway in Kent.
From a warm spa experience to a brisk kayak adventure on one of the region’s most scenic urban lakes, Kent is your key to soaking up some serious relaxation this winter.
If your idea of relaxing is getting big dose of nature, take to a lake or hit the trails in Kent.
- Bike, walk or jog for miles via the Kent Valley Loop Trails and connect with other regional trails. Learn more about trails in Kent.
- Soak it all up at Lake Meridian Park. Launch a kayak, cast a fishing line, walk the scenic shore, or just gaze across the water and take in stunning views of Mount Rainier. Find out more about lakes and shorelines in and near Kent.
If your idea of relaxing is, well…relaxing, Kent is the spot to make that happen.
- Hand & Stone Massage and Facial Spa at Kent Station offers an array services, including its signature hot-stone massage—a welcome winter respite.
- Drop in for some centering and deep breathing at Evolve Yoga (historic downtown) or Soul Spark Yoga (East Hill).
If you’re looking for a culinary experience, you’ll find a vast menu of global restaurants in Kent. It’s no wonder. Kent is a community rich in international culture and diversity, where nearly 140 languages are spoken.
- Explore your options from Kent’s East Hill to historic downtown and beyond, including Banyan Tree at Kent Station, featuring traditional Thai dishes made from locally sourced ingredients. Other popular spots are Asadero Sinaloa (wood-fired Sonoran beef), Curry and Kebab (Indian), M Bakery & Deli (Eastern European) and Fil Cuisine (Vietnamese).
- Visit the Great Wall Shopping Mall to browse the largest Asian grocer in the U.S. and sample fare from several Asian eateries.
- Top it all off with an Indian dessert from Punjab Sweets.
Ready to commit? Enter to win a weekend getaway
Commit to getting away this winter. Enter to win one of two overnight stay packages for two in Kent. It’s a great way to make your new year’s resolution stick. And if you’re one of the first 50 people to enter, you’ll receive a complimentary luggage tag.