Dark, soggy days getting you down? Whether you’re looking for a place to get the wiggles out, an oh-so-frosty spot to glide across the ice, or an indoor court to lob or roll a ball, Kent has some awesome options for playing in the great indoors. Here are just a few:
- Boeing Employees Tennis Club. No need to show your ID badge at the front door. This Boeing tennis center is also open to the public, and features nine full-size tennis courts and two racquetball courts.
- Bounce it Up 360. Who wouldn’t be happy in 5,300 square feet of inflated fun? This popular play spot features a whole lot of bouncing, interactive games for parents and kids, a toddler area, air hockey and foosball.
- Indoor Park. It doesn’t matter if the playground is full of puddles. Kent’s Indoor Park in the Kent Commons Community Center brings all the fun inside for the little kiddos, ages 11 months to 4 ½ years. Sessions held Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, 9:30 to 11 a.m.
- Kent Bowl. A local landmark (and local favorite) since 1958, this classic alley offers multiple lanes of fun for everyone, from bumper bowlers to elite players. Fun fact: Noted Professional Bowlers Association champ Earl Anthony used to bowl here.
- Kent Valley Ice Centre. Don’t experience ice skating just watching the Winter Olympics from your couch. You might not be ready for a triple Lutz, but gliding around this indoor rink makes for a great date night or family outing.
- Metropolitan Gymnastics. This local club hosts open gym time Wednesdays 2 to 4 p.m. and Saturdays Noon to 2 p.m. Hop on three trampolines, dive into a foam pit, have some fun at the play center, climb or swing on a rope, and more.
- Pickleball Station. Experience the fastest-growing sport in the U.S. from the comfort of the region’s only indoor pickleball facility. From novices to seasoned picklers, Pickleball Station is the place to play or perfect your game. Drop in, rent a court, arrange a lesson or plan a party.
Kent has you covered when it comes to indoor fun. Find out more about things to do In Kent.