Drier spring days means it’s time to get out and play. Bring you’re A-game to Kent. With more than 70 parks and other sports facilities scattered throughout the city, you’re sure to have a ball.
- Tennis anyone? Night or day, rain or shine, Kent serves up loads of tennis fun. West Fenwick Park on Kent’s West Hill features two lighted tennis courts and three handball courts. You can also find courts at East Hill Park, Kent Memorial Park downtown and other City of Kent parks. On wet days, the Boeing Employees Tennis Club is a good option. The facility offers nine indoor tennis courts and two racquetball/handball courts. And it’s not just for Boeing employees.
- Golf for all. If you’re looking to put a small ball in a tiny hole, Kent’s Riverbend Golf Complex and Learning Center has just about everything for seasoned golfers and novices—championship 18-hole course, covered driving range and retail store. The city-owned complex also offers up top-notch views of Mount Rainier, the Cascade Range and Olympic Mountains. Like your golf on a smaller scale? Riverbend and Kent Valley Ice Centre also offer mini golf.
- Baseball and softball fields galore. You’ll find lots of softball and baseball fields throughout Kent, including the complex at Hogan Park at Russell Road featuring three natural-turf baseball fields and one all-weather synthetic turf field lined for multiple sports. Service Club Ballfields is also a popular spot and home to some cool baseball-themed public art. Want to practice your swing and form? Hit the batting cages at Kent Valley Ice Centre.
- Ditto on the basketball courts. When it comes to hoops, Kent has you covered. You’ll find basketball courts across the city. Check out park listings for details and locations.
- Indoor ball fun. Don’t let spring showers put a damper on your fun. Kent is home to Pickleball Station, the region’s only indoor facility dedicated to this booming sport. Play, take a lesson, browse the pro shop and check out the Pickleball Museum.
- Wiffle ball coming soon! An officially sanctioned Wiffle® Ball field is being installed at Kent Memorial Park, so there’s a lot more fun on the near horizon. The field should be ready for action this summer.