Got a hankering for a hearty breakfast? Whether you’re corralling the family for a weekend meal, looking for an early-morning date spot, or just want some alone time with good grub and hot coffee, Kent has some great places to eat and greet the day…and at a bargain to boot.
A hot spot for locals. Try the house-made corned beef hash or Maggie’s Mess—sautéed onions and sausage or ham over hash browns and slathered in gravy. Weekend visitors can opt for a slice of Maggie’s special quiche. Kids will like the fruit-face pancakes.
- Breakfast served: 6 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday and Sunday
- Location: 307 W. Meeker St.
Mary’s Fine Foods
A Kent East Hill fixture and favorite for decades, Mary’s is noted for its exceptional breakfast selections and 70s-era décor. California Eggs Benedict is a favorite.
- Breakfast served: 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Saturday, 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sunday
- Location: 23641 104th SE.
Sara’s Coffee Shop
This old-school diner is legit. No frills, just a cozy, classic downtown spot serving up traditional breakfast fare morning to night. The corned beef hash gets rave reviews.
- Breakfast served: Daily 5 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Location: 212 Central Ave. N.
Yeah, yeah…the name’s a little corny, but the authentic Hawaiian food is no joke. Try the Haleakala breakfast with Portuguese sausage, Kailua pig with rice and eggs, or macadamia nut pancakes. Kids will love the Mickey Mouse hotcakes.
- Breakfast served: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday and Sunday
- Location: 6621 S. 211th
This airy corner café offers a friendly vibe and fresh artisanal dishes including classic breakfasts, gourmet omelets and “Grandma Minnie’s Blintzes.” Baked goods and cold smoked lox are made on site, and the cafe roasts its own coffee. Sidewalk seating lends a European flare.
- Breakfast served: 7 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturday, 7:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Sunday
- Location: 202 1st S.
This is just a taste of what Kent has to offer. Be sure to check out more dining options…for breakfast and beyond.