The calendar says fall, but the thermostat is screaming winter. Darker days and lower temps don’t mean the fun has to end. Here are 10 places to warm up in Kent.
- Warm up with a mocha. Dilettante Mocha Café at Kent Station is all about creating a custom mocha or hot chocolate experience for their customers. You can’t go wrong with a Mocha Mexicano or Ephemere Dark Hot Chocolate.
- Get toasty at the movies. AMC Kent Station 14 offers IMAX and RealD 3D movie experiences, along with cushy reclining seats.
- Work out in the great indoors. Too nippy to hit the courts? Pick up a paddle and have a go at Pickleball Station, the region’s only indoor pickleball facility.
- Warm your tummy with a slice of pie. Whether you lean to savory or sweet, Pie Lab bakery has something to suit every palate.
- Dream of summer (and speed). Speedboat races and balmy days on the lake might seem like a distant memory, but you can still imagine it at the Hydroplane & Raceboat Museum.
- Relax under some hot stones. Stressed out? Let Hand & Stone Massage and Facial Spa at Kent Station melt it all away with their signature hot stone massage.
- Make play time warm time. Bounce it Up 360 indoor play center keeps the kids active and happy, not to mention warm and dry.
- Get a taste of the islands, times two. Kent’s Aloha Hawaiian Grill, Big Boys Kainan and Saimin Says offer traditional Hawaiian cuisine and a big dose of aloha.
- Keep warm, next to the ice. The Seattle Thunderbirds take to the ice at accesso ShoWare Center through March. The only chill you might get is from the selection of craft beer on tap.
- Take off the chill with a warm Irish coffee. Family friendly Harp Bar and Restaurant (24437 Russell Rd.) offers a wide selection of Irish food and drink. Or leave the kids at home and head to The Celtic Club (21 and older).
Whether you’re in the neighborhood or planning a trip, Kent is the perfect place to keep warm. Find out about more things to do while you’re here.