Finally. It’s summer in the Pacific Northwest. And that means warm days and loads of much-deserved sunshine. But sometimes, it’s not always so fun in the sun. Here are 9 great ways to keep cool in Kent.
- Get all wet at the spray park at Town Square Plaza.
- Take a dip from the dock or catch up on your beach reads at Lake Meridian Park.
- Escape indoors and enjoy some big-screen action at AMC Kent Station 14.
- Chill with your pup at dog-friendly Airways Tap Room & Brewery. Award-winning Jumbo Juice IPA is on tap, along with unlimited water for your pal.
- Take the whole family for a spin at one of the coolest ice rinks around. Kent Valley Ice Centre offers loads of public skating sessions through the summer.
- Sit fountainside at Kent Station with an iced mocha from Diletantte Mocha Cafe or a creamy shake from Cold Stone Creamery.