With a brand-new year on the horizon, it’s time to think about stepping out of the familiar and trying new things. Put yourself behind the wheel for a high-speed adventure, try a new taste treat that transports you to an international destination, or tap into your creative side—with or without some wine inspiration. You can do all that and more in Kent.
Here are just a few suggestions to help you kick off 2018:
- Buckle up and channel your inner Kasey Kahne. Schedule a one-day high-performance sport-driving experience at Pacific Raceways, offered by ProFormance Racing School. Learn the ropes in the morning, then spend the afternoon zipping around the road course.
- Bite into something new. Celebrate Kent’s vibrant and diverse community at one of the city’s many international restaurants and specialty food stores. Hot tips from locals? Try the dim sum at Imperial Garden Seafood Restaurant. Or, get the fixings for a feast of catfish and hush puppies at Altha’s Louisiana Cajun Seasonings & Spices.
- Get your soccer fix while the Sounders take a breather. Still high from the Sounders’ amazing season? Head to the great indoors of accesso ShoWare Center and catch the Tacoma Stars Major Arena Soccer League team in action. The regular season runs through March 2.
- Sip and paint. We don’t encourage you to seek inspiration at the bottom of a glass, but Reds Wine Bar & Craft Beers at Kent Station is a great place to tap into your creative side. This local favorite is not only a cozy spot to enjoy a glass of vino and some tasty fare, it also hosts Corks and Canvas painting events. On tap for January—Moonlit Night and Mimosa Morning.
- Get crafty. If 2018 is the year you take up a new craft, get inspired at Makers’ Mercantile. The shop is bursting with knitting, crocheting and sewing supplies, and offers classes, gatherings and an on-site bakery.
That’s just a sampling of what’s in store for 2018. Whether you’re planning a trip to the area of looking for some local adventure, find out about more things to do in Kent.