A showcase of art across genres, compelling public installations, kids’ activities and more. Kent Third Thursday Art Walk, held monthly from 5 to 8 p.m., offers an artsy experience for the whole family to enjoy.
Explore art your own way:
- Stroll between participating businesses to view art exhibits—you might even see the artists in action! Third Thursday Art Walk locations vary from month to month, but Rusty Raven Studio is always a good place to begin.
- Take in public art installations scattered throughout downtown, from a giant metal penguin sculpture and guardian (resembling a mythical griffin) to a dramatic mural of the Green River Valley tucked into a pocket park on 1st Ave.
- Create your own masterpiece. Art lessons and special art events are available at Artsy Fartsy Art Lessons and Create! (Who doesn’t want to schedule an evening of painting and sipping wine!?)
- Celebrate Kent’s culture by heading to the “Hands of Unity” mural. Designed by the owner of Artsy Fartsy Art Lessons, the artwork reflects the diversity and harmony in Kent. Find the mural at 716 W. Meeker Street, on the west side of the Around the Clock building.
- Shop for handcrafted gifts at Rusty Raven Studio or vintage and modern pop culture goods at Retro Emporium. Kent Teaching & Toys is another local gem, with toys and treasures to spark the creative side of your little ones.
Conceived by the Kent Downtown Partnership to encourage and boost creative endeavors in downtown Kent, Third Thursday showcases different artists and their work, and features live music and kids’ art activities—all for free. It’s a great way to discover local artists and explore Kent’s vibrant arts scene.