September 9, 2021, Kent, Wash.—Did you do anything new or fun this summer? Kent to the rescue! The city offers dozens of parks, trails and events to enjoy while the sun is out.
These seven outdoor activities will challenge your skills and leave you smiling:
- Play pickleball on the outdoor court at Canterbury Park.
- Learn rock climbing basics on the 39-foot pinnacle and boulders at Arbor Heights Park.
- Try not to strike out at WIFFCO Field, the state’s first sanctioned Wiffle Ball field.
- Cool off with the kiddos at the spray park in Town Square Plaza, open daily, 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Ride your bike for 20 minutes or several hours on the paved Kent Valley Loop Trails, Interurban Trail and Green River Trail.
- Meet your need for speed at the go-kart track at PGP Motorsport Park, which features up to 15 curves.
- Hop, skip and slide your way through the new life-size board game at West Fenwick Park. “Slides and Climbers” is completely ADA accessible.
Make Kent your basecamp for end-of-summer fun and consider an overnight stay. Find affordable hotel packages and more travel inspiration at visitkent.com.
About Visit Kent: Visit Kent is the official tourism program for the City of Kent, Washington. Visit Kent promotes the city as a year-round visitor destination, dedicated to increasing economic growth and ensuring a positive and enriching visitor experience.